What I Have Learned in Life
By Bob McGowen, CPA
Having the benefit of over 45 years in working with clients, business organizations, and firm members, I have seen and experienced many life lessons. Some, if not all, of those lessons are from situations that have stretched me out of my comfort zone and challenged me daily on a professional and personal level. I recognize and value each one of those lessons.
I have learned that…
- being kind is more important than being right.
- to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
- the best way for me to grow is to surround myself with people smarter than me.
- opportunities are never lost. Someone else will take the opportunities we miss.
- when you harbor bitterness, happiness will find somewhere else to reside.
- one should keep their words soft and tender, because tomorrow we may have to eat them.
- a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
- no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
- the small, daily happenings make life so spectacular.
- life is tough, but I am tougher.
Through the years, I have continually strived to be successful in building relationships that stand the test of time. I believe, applying the above lessons will help you with your journey at home, at the office, and in your communities. What life lessons have you learned that would help me and others?
Bob McGowen, CPA | Consultant and Former Shareholder