Construction and Real Estate
Serving Iowa Construction and Real Estate Clients for More than Seven Decades
Do you have the right accounting tools and tax strategy to take your business to the next level? Our monthly financials go well beyond the standard income statement and balance sheet. Our team provides timely, accurate, and relevant financial information critical to your success through every step of the construction process life cycle.
We help commercial real estate owners, contractors, engineers, property management companies, and real estate brokerages to optimize transactions and maximize tax strategy.
Do you manage multiple commercial properties? Maybe you own a growing, multi-family real estate portfolio. Or, you are developing property from the ground up. No matter the scope nor the size, we can help.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Federal, state, and local tax consulting and compliance
- Assurance services
- Bonding and surety relationships
- Cash flow and profitability analysis
- Cost segregation studies
- Debt forgiveness, debt modification, and foreclosures
- Federal and State Historic Tax Credits
- Federal and State tax incentives
- Internal control services
- Job cost control, profitability, and break-even analysis
- Joint venture structuring
- Licensing and insurance requirements
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- Outsourced accounting services/CFO, controller services
- Predevelopment tax strategies
- Real estate professional classifications
- Transition and succession planning
- Workforce Housing Tax Credits
We know your unique circumstances. Combined with our extensive practical knowledge and experience, we can offer you a wide array of solutions to fit your specific needs.
Our team has the knowledge and experience you need to reach for the sky. Let’s talk about your challenges and how we can help you to reach your goals.
What Our Clients Are Saying
"Steel Erectors of Iowa has been with McGowen Hurst Clark Smith since the beginning of our company in 2004. Not only were they key to our success, but they have offered sound, solid advice as our company has grown. I recommend MHCS to anyone looking for a solid CPA firm."
STEVEN J. FANGMAN, OWNER
STEEL ERECTORS OF IOWA
"Our relationship with MHCS has allowed us to work through many complex real estate transactions, 1031 exchanges, cost segregations, tax credit development, etc. with our clients. MHCS’s deep bench and attention to detail has been critical for all parties involved in understanding the tax implications both present and forward looking."