Recurring Accounting Services
By Michelle Leonard, CPA
Not-for-profit organizations all have one thing in common; a mission to serve and support a need in the community. This mission not only impacts the world around you but the people inside your organization. Unfortunately, at times, these employees are bogged down with back-end tasks instead of what they originally joined the organization for; an opportunity to serve. This is where outsourcing generally comes into the picture. Outsourcing is a great option to ensure your organization is not only getting the skilled support they need but also allows you to focus on what you truly love doing.
At McGowen Hurst Clark Smith, we have a long history of working with not-for-profits. Our team takes a great interest in learning about the clients’ unique needs and understands the difficulties of leading a not-for-profit organization. In addition to traditional tax and accounting services, we are proud to offer many recurring professional services for organizations who need additional back-office support on a more regular basis. We offer the following recurring professional services:
- Help digitalize and complete regular payment of bills
- Attendance at regular board meetings and/or regular communication with key personnel
- Preparation of monthly bank and credit card reconciliations
- Management of timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing of organization’s books
- Assistance with financial reporting, monthly internal audit, and preparedness for the organization’s annual external audit
- Tracking of federal fund awards and other grants with timely billing and financial reporting for grant expenditures
- Assistance with annual budget and forecasting activities
- Preparation of annual 990 filing and other IRS filings, such as the 1099 form
- Oversight and preparation of sub-ledger reporting and entries, bills, invoices, and reports
- Analyze historical and projected figures for decision making by management and assistance with customized management reports
Our goal is to allow not-for-profit organizations to focus on what they do best, helping others. We will work with you and your unique needs to determine what solution is best for your organization. Please contact Michelle Leonard at MLeonard@MHCScpa.com for more details on our recurring professional services.
Michelle Leonard, CPA | Manager